To celebrate the one-year anniversary of this blog, I’m taking a week off.
(Or maybe not. Just so I don’t feel like a scofflaw, I’ll come back in a day or two with some kind of short entertainment. But I’m taking a week off from the long, quasi-thoughtful Monday posts. Going to run barefoot in the daffodils.)
It has indeed been one year, two URLs and 85 posts since this blog got started. It continues to be a pleasure for me, and hopefully for some of you as well.
If you’re new here, consider checking out some greatest hits you might have missed the first time around:
* The Blumenau family pitches a wild shindig, complete with free beer.
* A melancholy reflection on the last day of school.
* The post that gave the world the word “blisterbitcher.”
* A bolt of lightning re-energizes my ailing grandfather.
* Oh, geez, who told me I could write poetry?
* A remembrance of Mother Yellow in her senescence. (The funeral will be any time now.)
* My grandpa looks for work.
More, as they say, to come.